Edge of Temptation by Megan Crane


Review by TashNz

My first introduction to Megan Cranes Edge series which was kindly provided by Netgalley. 
Wowsers!  What a read!  Not for the faint hearted and very far removed from Caitlyn Crews world of writing.  I did see hints of Caitlyn Crews humor shine through. 

Maud escapes her Nunnery, the only thing she’s known since she was a young pre teen – sold by her parents.  Meeting Warrior Gunnar in the desert, she takes her chance and begs him to take her with him, where she doesn’t care, as long as It is far away from the Nunnery.   Demonstrating her skill at “praying” Maud is sure she’s convinced Gunnar how she can come in handy on the trip, but Gunnar needs a sacrificial virgin to seek his revenge and to bring back his loved mate from the dead. 

Set in a world that I wasn’t too sure if it was the past, present or future I still found the story to flow and understood why Maud was looking for escape.  I thought she fell for Gunnar quite quickly and she was so submissive so quickly and I guess the desire to save her life changed to a decide to stay with Gunnar.  Gunnar was a warrior and his description was one of strength and determination but clearly he had a heart buried deep.  He had issues he need to fix and I enjoyed watching him struggle with what he wanted to do and stay on track. 

I would call The Edge of Temptation a  mix of R18 erotic, submissive and paranormal historical. Might sound a confusing mix but it helped me turn the pages to find out what was going to happen?  Was Maud going to end up a sacrificial gift, was Gunnar’s dead mate really a traitor?  Does Gunnar’s brother get his own story? Will love prevail? 

An intense love story with very graphic details that are not for the faint hearted. 

I am a huge believer in trying different genre’s and I am glad I did. 

4 Stars