Here comes the bridesmaid by Avril Tremayne


Here Comes the Bridesmaid

Reviewed by Desere


Sunshine Smart is unusual, not because of her one green, one blue eye but more because of her personality. She's a fun and nutty person, you know the kind that loves life and everything about it, the kind that gives off so much positive energy you wish you could climb inside their souls and be just like them, because their life looks like it is just so much fun!

But not all people appreciate that kind of crazy and unusual , especially Leo Quatermaine, he has a business to run and he is bloody good at it too, he does not need Miss Funky Shoes coming in and telling him what to do when it comes to being the best man at his brother's wedding nor does he need advise on what food to serve, he's a chef for goodness sake!

Sunshine takes one look at him and immediately falls for his handsome ways, but tries her hardest to focus on the plan at hand, plan the wedding and get out of there, before she does something stupid like sleep with all hot and smoldering Leo, oh wait she's already done that, now what?!

This was an absolutely stunning read! The characters we the complete opposite of each other, is all crazy fun and Leo all serious, and this made for fantastic entertainment, off the charts funny !

Yes I actually just said the words off the charts funny, not the usual thing I find in hidden in the pages of a romance book, sometimes yes a one of two lines of funny peeks through but in the case of this read, it was over and over and I could not have been more delighted!

I adored the character of Sunshine, I truly wished I could drag this woman from the pages and bring her to life, she was such a burst of fresh air , her personality became very addictive after a few chapters, in the start of the read I will admit I was not liking her so very much, she was almost too much of a oddball, but the more I read the more I got hooked on her funky vibe!

The character of Leo was really sweet in that annoying kind of " I like this hero, but maybe not so much , no wait I love him" manner. The more of him the author revealed the more I became attached to him and his slight darkness. I simply loved how the author let Leo pull back Sunshine's layers and reveal the true her. Don't get me wrong as I said I loved Sunshine and her quirkiness but Leo letting the real woman shine through just made me adore Sunshine more.

First time ever that I have read a romance and actually loved the heroine more than the hero, usually I fall hook, line and sinker for the hero's of romance books but this time around I will be honest and say I could not get enough of the heroine, oh the hero of course was awesome and without him there would be no story, but discovering that I adored the heroine more than the hero is a new experience for me and I found it quite refreshing.

Aside from all the hot chemistry, passion and hilarious fun in this read it also holds a very special message, there is always room in every person's heart to love another. You might think it's simply not possible but that's just the pain from the past talking. If the chance to heal the past comes along, grab hold and never let go!

I highly recommend this read for all fans of romance. Simply delightful, fun and sexy  and a wonderful afternoon read about love being set in motion when opposites meet.  I very much look forward to this author's next book .  Remember the name Avril Tremayne for without her fun and funky books you will go insane!

5/5 star review
" Miss Sunshine meets Mr Gloom and all hell breaks loose, even in the bathroom!"